Saturday, May 7, 2011

A Final Ferber Update

I had hoped that by this weekend, I'd be well rested with a happy baby who could put himself to sleep. And for once, I was right! The past two nights have been great. On Thursday night, he fussed on and off for the first six minutes and woke up at 7. Last night, he didn't cry at all with only a couple of sporadic fusses before he put himself to sleep. He did wake up a bit earlier, at around 6:30, but he also went to bed later than usual last night, which usually leads to an earlier wake-up.

All in all, I'm thrilled. As hard as it was to hear him cry, the first night was really the only truly miserable one, and it's definitely worth it to not have to get up all during the night. In the past week, I haven't had to go in there during the night once (the two diaper changes were both handled by his daddy), and I've gotten to sleep in my own bed all week!

If you're having sleep issues (and if your baby is old enough), definitely give Ferber a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment