Monday, May 2, 2011

Ferber Update

We've had three successful nights so far of the Ferber Method! I already covered the first night in the post below, but here's a recap of the last two nights:

On night two, I put him down at 8:01 PM. He began crying as soon as I started to lower him into the crib, so I feared for another long night. However, after two minutes of crying, he began just fussing intermittently. I went in once to soothe him, but at 8:21 PM, he stopped entirely. So only 20 minutes of periodic fussing! He did wake up at 4 with some fussing and wasn't able to put himself back down. After a quick diaper change, he was put back in his crib, fussed for less than a minute, and went back to sleep until just before 7! I considered that a win!

I really had my hopes up for night three since many babies fuss less than 10 minutes by the third night. I put him down at 7:57 PM, and he stopped fussing as soon as I closed the door. Then he started back again with his intermittent fussing. Unfortunately, this time he also did some crying, too, and sometimes it was more constant than others. I checked on him every 10 minutes, and he was finally silent at 8:19 PM. So 22 minutes of fussing and crying. Still good and totally doable, but not quite what I'd hoped. However, he then proceeded to sleep until just before 7, again! He let out a couple of fusses during the night, but immediately went back to sleep.

Ferber definitely works! And hopefully tonight will be even better and soon we'll have no crying or fussing at all. I just cannot express how thrilled I am to get to sleep in my own bed all night long. And I still get happy baby grins from the crib in the morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment