Tuesday, July 31, 2012

3 Day Potty Method: Day 2

Well, today was a much better day! Just in the stats alone: 7 accidents total. No accidents from 10:30 AM to 5:30 PM. Only 1 accident from 10:30 AM to 8 PM. I think he might be getting it!

The thing that's amazed me most is Ethan's attitude through all of this. He is having the time of his life. He giggles the entire time he runs to the potty, and he does a victory lap around the house after every success (prior to putting his underwear back on, which makes it even funnier). He's been a complete delight (other than being a mischief sometimes, especially with his returned obsession with sticking his hand in the potty water... gross!).

I'm much more encouraged after today, but I'll admit I would feel a lot better if it hadn't been for that 5:30 PM accident. I know that kids continue to have accidents long after they're potty trained, but I would really feel like he'd gotten it if not for that. Also, a couple of times he went this afternoon were the result of my saying, "You can't do X until you after the next time you use the potty" (nurse, feed the goats, etc.), so that wasn't really him realizing he had to go. I guess I'm just trying not to get my hopes up too high, and I'm also very nervous about going out with him in underwear.

We'll see how tomorrow goes, and go from there, I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment