Monday, July 9, 2012

Confession

I've been cheating on this blog. After several weeks of not feeling like writing, I decided I needed to get a lot out. But I wasn't sure I wanted to get it all out in "public." So on Saturday night after Ethan went to bed, I turned to an old blog I never really started. 10 single-spaced pages and over 5000 words later, and the words are still pouring out. Since none of it is really Ethan-related, you're not really missing out on anything good =) But as long as I continue to find my catharsis there, it's unlikely I'll be updating here as much.

A few bullet points to tide you over:
- Ethan had his first swim lesson at the Y today. He loved it, except for when the lifeguard changed shifts, at which point he puckered up and wailed like he hasn't in months. Apparently he didn't care for the new guy.
- Ethan now attempts to sing along to the ABC song and does the motions for "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes." It's as adorable as it sounds.
- We've been exploring museums lately to beat the heat. The weekend before last we went to the local children's museum and this past weekend we went to the state museum of natural sciences. Ethan loved them both!
- Friday marks 22 months. Wow.

P.S. To preempt any speculation, when I say it's not Ethan related, I also mean it's not pregnancy/parenting related. No I'm not pregnant. No I haven't been pregnant since Ethan. No we're not trying. So no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment