Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Three Months

Note: As a sign of being a second child, this blog post was penned on Wesley's three-month-day, but I was waiting to post it until I got on my computer to attach the picture. And a month later... Oops!

Dear Wesley,

Today is both a day of celebration and a day of sadness for your mommy. First the celebration: We made it to 3 months on nothing but my milk! That's three times as long as we made it with your big brother. The sadness is that you still are itty-bitty, and the doctor wants you to be slightly less itty-bitty, so as of today, you are going to get some supplements. On the bright side, Mommy has a wonderful friend who is sharing some of her milk with us, and we'll be using a SNS instead of a bottle, so not too much will change from your side of things except that you'll get a bit more bang for your suck!

Now that the issue that's most pressing on Mommy's mind at the moment is out of the way, let's focus on how amazing you are, tiny though you may be! This past month, you became your own little person in many ways. You can roll over, you grin constantly, and your personality is starting to shine through. You are such a happy baby, and you are so very loved, especially by your big brother. You're sleeping longer and longer stretches (up to 6-7 hours at times!), and you still take most of your naps in Mommy's arms, right where you belong.

Mommy started back work this week, but it remains to be seen how much that will affect our lives. Hopefully you'll remain happily oblivious as you'll still be by Mommy's side the whole time. It will certainly be an adventure, but it's one we'll go on together!

I hope that this little extra bit of milk will make all the difference, my precious boy, and my worries and anxieties over you can ease up a little bit. Just in time for you to start making me worry in other ways, I'm sure! But I wouldn't have it any other way!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment