Thursday, December 12, 2013

Four Months

Dear Wesley,

Well what a month it's been! First of all, look how much you've filled out! Our four month appointment isn't until tomorrow, but the extra 5-7 oz. of milk a day has made all the difference! You're gaining 7 oz./week, and, while you're still little, you were also born that way, so I'm quite happy with your progress!

You seem quite pleased with yourself, too. In this past month, you've continued to be more and more interactive. Everyone comments on how alert and strong you are. Your giggles still make my heart leap with joy, and your smiles can calm the most anxious spirit, especially handy when your mommy is a pastor during Advent... And speaking of Mommy's job, this month I also got to give you the most important bath of your life as you were incorporated into Christ's body, the church. What a joy and what a privilege!

Going back to work has been an adjustment, and at times I feel like I'm treading water in every area of my life. But then I look realistically and see that you're thriving and well-loved, Ethan is happy and just showing how well he plays independently (your big brother has quite the imagination!), and if it's been a couple of weeks since our carpets were vacuumed, it's not going to kill us. This too will pass, and in the meantime, I'm savoring the baby snuggles as the cobwebs grow.

Last night you slept a 9 hour stretch, much to Mommy's joy and accompanying discomfort! You're starting to drop your last nap of the evening, and it certainly makes the nighttime routine easier as a result. And yet, each of these little signs of your growing up are met with a slight pang as I realize that these days are just flying by. Maybe things will slow down enough in the next month that I can really enjoy them. However, since the next month will see your first trip to Atlanta and your first time meeting some of your extended family, I sort of doubt it =)

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment