Friday, July 8, 2011

First Steps?

In continuing his momentous week, Ethan may have started walking today. I say "may have" because I'm still not sure it counts, and crawling is definitely still his default mode of transit, but he definitely took steps.

Around lunchtime, just before his afternoon nap, I always offer him to nurse again. We're usually sitting on the ground playing, so I sign for milk and he usually comes happily crawling into my lap. Today was no different, and after he'd had his fill, I stood him up to work on standing unassisted. His train walker caught his eye, and before I knew it, he took 3-4 steps and grabbed hold of it before taking off. And yes, I was so surprised I'm not even sure how many steps he took! I extracted him from the train and stood him up again to try to get a repeat performance, but he just got down and crawled to it. So I offered him to nurse again, he did, and then I stood him back up. Once again, he took 3 steps to reach the train!

We tried to recreate the scenario this evening and get some video, but Ethan didn't want to cooperate. However, here's some of the video so you can see a shaky step or two.



What do you think? Does this count as his first steps or does he need to be walking longer distances before it really counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment