Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My Smart Boy!

This is a total bragging post. I make no appearance otherwise. But bear with me because it has a cute video.

A week or two ago, I told my husband that Ethan knew a letter: "O." He has one of those magnetic letter sets with Scout from VTech, and he likes to play with them sometimes during lunch. On one such occasion, he exclaimed "O!" picked the "O" up, and threw the rest on the ground. My husband was unconvinced.

This morning, he was playing with his letters on the light table. He handed me the "O" and said "O." Then he handed me the "Y" and said "Y!" I was so excited I ran and got the camera to collect proof. I have no idea if he knows any of the others (so far "D" and "M" were busts, though he did identify a "V" as a "U" and called a "B" an "E" so maybe he just knows vowels), but I'm quite impressed as it is since we've never formally attempted to teach him any letters!

No comments:

Post a Comment