Sunday, May 13, 2012

Twenty Months

Dear Ethan,

I can't believe you're 20 months. No longer in the single digits, no longer in the teens. In just four short months, you'll be 2!!! Now I understand what people meant when they said the second year goes by faster than the first!

It's been a fun and eventful month, and even this weekend attests to its busyness what with my graduation (post to come), all our visitors, Mother's Day (happy Mother's day!), and your monthly "celebration" all within two days! I feel like you've come so far and grown so much this past month, and yet I can't think of specific changes to list. You are so independent, yet you love to follow us around and mimic us. You love playing with your neighbors, yet you can also go off and do your own thing. You're learning words left and right, yet you stubbornly refuse to say certain words we know you're capable of. You are a blur of boyish energy, yet you have the focus and concentration to sit down with a task to its completion. You amaze me every day, and I feel so blessed to be your mother!

Not much has changed from last month as far as your eating, sleeping, and pottying. Naps are still fairly unpredictable in length. You are trying more foods and textures all the time, but you still make your mind up about something and refuse it no matter what I try. If your daddy and I put a little more energy into the whole potty thing, I bet you'd have it down in a few weeks, but, honestly, we've been lazy about just letting you tell us when you want to go. As quickly as you're trying to grow up, maybe it's our unconscious way of hanging onto the little remnants of "baby" as long as we can!

We've entered the months of play dates, so the coming month will see lots of socialization and fun! In fact, we're hosting one at our house tomorrow, my first since last August. Other than that, we don't have much planned! Daddy will take some time off from work with the close of busy season, and I'm sure we'll just spend our days enjoying one another and exploring. While it may not sound eventful, I feel sure I'll still have plenty of tales to tell!

Thank you, Ethan, for making me a mother. I can't imagine anything I'd rather be!

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment