Sunday, May 6, 2012

This Weekend's To-Do List

Saturday, 5/5:
[X]Go to Farmer's Market
[X]Go to Lowe's to get toilet handle (Ethan broke off the toilet flusher in his bathroom)
[X]Go to Target to look at curtains
[X]Mow lawn
[X]Prune bushes in front
[X]Repair toilet
[X]Sweep and steam mop front room
[X]Go to Big Lots and look at curtains
[X]Go to craft store to get things to make wreath?
[X]Make wreath?

Sunday, 5/6:
[X]Go to church
[X]Hang curtains in master bedroom
[X]Preschool Advisory Board mtg. @ 2 PM
[X]Clip coupons
[X]Deadhead plants around pond
[X]Label and store bins of baby clothes in attic
[X]Meal plan


It's been busy, and that doesn't even include a lot of what we did this weekend! Since this was my first free weekend after the semester ended, I decided to tackle all of the domestic odds-and-ends (beyond basic cleaning and laundry, of course) that had been neglected while I was in school. I honestly didn't expect to get everything done, especially since I had to run a meeting at church this afternoon and my husband and our neighbor went to the shooting range this morning. But despite these interruptions, we managed to cross everything off my to-do list. And I'm quite thrilled with the results!

On Saturday, I went into "PRUNE ALL THE THINGS!!!" mode. I cut back some very overgrown bushes in front of our garage back to the size they were when we moved in. I cleaned up some other bushes in the front and cleared tree branches from over our front walkway. I wish I'd taken before and after pictures because the difference is quite noticeable. The front still needs some work, though, but that will have to wait for us to buy some mulch and pine straw. Our curb appeal got a final boost in the form of a wreath I made last night. I've been thinking about making one for months, but just never had the time to get around to it. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out, all for around $10!



In the back, I finally did something about all the dead plants around our pond. We have several plant varieties that need to be cut back every winter, but we've never done it, so all the fresh greenery arises amidst the brown dead stuff from the year before. It had gotten bad, and I finally tackled them this afternoon. One variety proved more stubborn so most of that will have to wait until this winter, but overall, it looks much better! Our massive rosemary bush that didn't survive winter 2010 also went today, and we discovered a bit of brick walkway that we never knew existed.

The other major changes happened inside. I finally labelled and got stored away in the attic all the bins of baby clothes Ethan's outgrown, in addition to a bin of bibs, bottles, etc.


The other big change was we FINALLY got and put up curtains in our master bedroom. As I posted here, I made roman blinds back in January, but the room was still pretty plain, mostly shades of white and brown. I discovered this color scheme on Pinterest and found these curtains:



 The room just feels so much more put together already, and we haven't even added any pillows or artwork yet!

A productive and fun weekend, indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment