Saturday, August 20, 2011

A Brief Weekly Recap

I've been neglecting the blog this week. It's not that nothing's been happening; it's just that I've been inexplicably exhausted this week and have chosen to spend my free time after Ethan goes to bed goofing around rather than writing an entry out. A quick recap of the week:

- Last Sunday was a wonderful day in which I got a break from mommyhood to go to coffee with our next-door neighbor. We chatted for almost 2 hours, and it was so nice to visit without interruption. That evening, we had the whole family over for a cookout, and, as always, it was such fun to see the boys play together (now am I talking about the kids or the husbands?). It was one of my favorite days in a while.
- Monday, we went over to the neighbor's for a meetup playdate, and since no one else showed, we basically had a repeat of the previous evening. Thankfully, we have been blessed with fantastic neighbors so this wasn't a problem in the slightest!
- Wednesday, we went to another meetup friend's house for a playdate, which was a lot of fun. Then that afternoon, since Daddy decided to take the rest of the week off now that his busy season is over, Ethan got to go to the park for the first time!





As you can see, he greatly enjoyed it!
- Friday, due to a later-than-planned afternoon nap, we had to cancel our attendance at another playdate. To make up for that outing, we decided to explore some other parks in the area:






Today, I had planned on going to a new LLL group meeting, but Ethan slept later than normal for his morning nap. However, we still had plenty of excitement planned because this evening Ethan and I went to a friend's baby shower in the city where I go to school. Thankfully, Ethan did really well on the drive and did pretty well at the party, despite it not being a very baby-friendly environment in terms of places to play or even walk around safely. There were four other kids there, but they were two, two-and-a-half, three months, and three-and-a-half months so either better at getting around without getting into trouble or not yet mobile. I managed to eat a black bean burger with him wiggling in my lap, and Ethan decided he wanted a taste. After the first bite, he kept signing for more so he ate a good chunk of it! Never would have guessed he'd like that!

This next week will be my last full week at home before classes start back. I have very mixed feelings on the subject, but I'm just going to savor every moment I have until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment