Saturday, August 13, 2011

Eleven Months

Dear Ethan,

In one short month, you will be one year old. Wow. I know I always write this, but I cannot fathom how quickly the time has gone! There's nothing stopping you now. You walk, you talk, you sleep, and you even eat normal people food! In fact, today was the first time you ate nothing but regular food: grits, blueberries (cut in half), cheese, and yogurt. Today we also ditched the bottle, meaning you took all of your supplements from a sippy cup. It made feedings take longer since you kept tossing the sippy in favor of your toys, but you didn't seem to mind too much. Today was also the first time since you were four-months-old that you fell asleep in the car, which also means today was the first day since you were one-day-old that I didn't wrap you for at least one nap. That last part makes me sad, but I guess it's just part of you growing up (and I still wore you several times today, just not for a nap).

While your vocabulary mostly still consists of nonsensical babbles, you pepper your monologues with "mama," "dada," "ba" (ball) "boo" (book) and "ditty" (kitty), all of your favorite things. While you still haven't quite mastered table foods, you are growing more capable every day. And now that you can stand without pulling up on anything, walking is your main mode of transit. Your mommy and daddy couldn't be more proud of you!

In about two weeks, things will change again as classes start back. Three days a week, you'll wake up from your afternoon nap to find Mommy has vanished and left a stranger in her place. Hopefully, this "stranger" will soon become a favorite play mate and Mommy's absences won't be too devastating. I know it will be a rough transition, and I'm dreading having my attention divided again, but it will be over before we know it! And no amount of school work could bump you from the number one spot on your mommy's priority list.

I know this last month of your first year will fly by like all the others so I just hope I remember to take the time to savor every kiss, every snuggle, every giggle, every mischievous grin, everything about you that makes me fall more in love with you each and every day.

Love,
Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment