Saturday, April 14, 2012

At least he's cute...

We've known for months that Ethan understands basically everything, but his behavior from last night just proves it (with adorable results). As soon as I put him in his crib last night, he pointed to the ground and said "Mama?" I told him, "Why don't you try to go to sleep on your own first, and if you can't do it, I will come in and lie down with you, OK?" He sort of begrudgingly nodded but didn't try to fuss or throw Puppy or anything. I watched him on Baby TV, and he stood in the corner of his crib for a while whispering "Mama? Maaamaaaa..." but he never cried or whined. After a few minutes, he threw Puppy onto the crib mattress, laid down on top of him, and went to sleep!

Around 4:30 this morning, I awoke to "Augh!!! Auuuugggghhhh!!!! MAMA!!! MAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!" Since he only sees two boobs if I go in in the middle of the night, Daddy went in to check on him. After a new diaper, he put Ethan back in his crib and laid down next to him. Ethan immediately laid down. The first time he tried to get up, Ethan sprang up and wailed. He told Ethan to lay back down, and Ethan whined "NOOOOOooooOOOO!!!" I laughed in spite of myself listening to it on the monitor. They both laid back down. The next time he got up, Ethan started to protest, but he told Ethan "Daddy needs to go potty." Immediately, Ethan laid back down as if to say "Oh, OK. I understand." And that was that! He went back to sleep and slept until after 7!!!

Since we had a more restful night, we went out for breakfast this morning and then headed to the farmer's market. Ethan had so much fun running around and trying samples. He eagerly took bites of a strawberry (only to spit it all out when he got too much), took a try of some cinnamon roll, and went nuts over some raw carrots. I know they're a choking hazard, but he just took little nibbles off of mine. Well, until he tried to reach into the container of samples and take two huge circles for himself! I'm glad there's at least one vegetable he'll eat!

Now he's having playtime with Daddy while I try to get these papers written. At least I got some sleep last night!

No comments:

Post a Comment