Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Last Day of Class

It seems like only yesterday I was asking God for a sign I shouldn't leave Ethan (and ended up getting a flat tire), yet here I am, about 8 months later, done with my last class of the semester. I picked up my glass prayer cross from the chaplain's office. I submitted my senior portfolio. I picked up my div. school stress ball from the Office of Student Life. In less than a month, I'll be being hooded while family and friends look on. Four months from now, I'll start my last class of grad school, and in less than 8 months, I'll have my degree. Wow.

I was worried last August about being away from Ethan for 10 hours a week. How will he survive? How will I? Now I'm almost worried about being home for the next four months. No breaks? Little adult interaction? How will I survive? How will he? =P In all seriousness, while I'm looking forward to being done with papers and reading and focusing instead on play dates and parks, the brief respites class provided from motherhood were much more enjoyable than I had anticipated, and I can't say I won't miss them a bit.

And Ethan did just fine with my being gone. He liked his first sitter and absolutely adores his current one. That's not to say he didn't have times of missing his mommy, though. Oddly, this week, in particular, he's been upset to wake up and see Donna instead of me. He usually wakes up calling for Mama, and today he just cried Mama over and over again when Donna walked in, so she told him to let her know when he was ready to play with her instead. About a minute later, he called out, "Donna?" =)

I was also a bit nervous this semester about being back full time, but it's gone just fine. Since I have the "need-to-do" and "should-do" distinction down pretty well when it comes to reading, I read what I needed or really, really wanted to, and the rest just went by the wayside. And despite taking at least two of my classes pass-fail, I have an A in one, and an A-/B+ in the other (my directed study only has a final paper, and I haven't even written it yet, so no clue on my grade in there). Not too shabby!

I have two papers left to write, and then summer truly begins! Maybe I'll actually get back in the habit of blogging now!

No comments:

Post a Comment