Monday, November 29, 2010

Crib napper?

OK, I have to confess. Ethan is coming up on 3 months old, and he still sleeps in his swing at night. Plus, he usually will only nap in the Moby, except for we're out and he falls asleep in the car or the handful of times I've gotten him to nap in the swing (but that only works when it's on). He seems to need movement and any attempt to get him to sleep in the bassinet or crib had failed so we just gave up. However, this week I became determined to at least try him during the day in the crib. It hasn't been easy. There have been tears (I only let him cry up to 5 minutes though, and earlier if he gets really upset, so it's not CIO), but as I type this, Ethan is peacefully slumbering in his crib.

Yesterday was the first attempt, and he made it through the 2 naps we attempted in the crib. He tends to wake up after 40-45 minutes, but I can sometimes get him back to sleep for another 45. Hopefully he'll keep going down in his crib and get better about sleeping longer stretches so we can soon eventually get him in his crib at night!

No comments:

Post a Comment