Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving!

I think I'm doing pretty well for a new mom. This is our first Thanksgiving by ourselves so it was my first Thanksgiving to cook a full Thanksgiving dinner by myself. And I did it! And I did it all from scratch, too, which my mom has never done. We had turkey, cornbread dressing, sweet potato souffle, green beans, yeast rolls, and apple pie. The souffle didn't firm up on the bottom and the pie crust didn't brown, but everything tasted delicious, and we have plenty of leftovers! I started cooking on Tuesday (just prepping the beans and making the roll dough), cooked most of yesterday, and cooked all of this morning. I would feed Ethan, hand him over to Daddy, start working and do anything necessitating the stove/oven, and then put Ethan in the Moby once he got fussy and wanted to nap. It worked surprisingly well, and I even had time yesterday to work on his baby book, store his newborn clothes (which he's finally outgrown), put photos into his album, and wash a load of his clothes and diapers. I felt quite productive!

Plus, Ethan went down for a nap in the swing just in time for us to eat our Thanksgiving (lunch) dinner so we were able to relax and enjoy it without one of us holding him. I am so incredibly thankful for that little guy. When I think back to Thanksgiving last year and the depression of the day after, I can't believe how much things have changed.

So tomorrow, we'll relax. Maybe we'll have a fire in the fireplace, I'll definitely make myself some hot chocolate, and we'll begin decorating for Christmas, our first one as a family of three. Life is so very good!

No comments:

Post a Comment