Saturday, November 13, 2010

Two Months

Dear Ethan,

Time is finally slowing down enough for me to enjoy it! While I still can't believe you're already two months old, this past month was full of smiles, "talking," playing, and moments that make me so thankful I get to spend all my time with you. You have such a personality and love showing off for visitors. You cuddle with your momma, smile for your grandparents over Skype, and make the cutest noises as you yawn yourself to sleep. You're also getting big. I swear you were trying to roll over during tummy time on your activity mat yesterday. Everyone says you look like you're already trying to talk. You slept 7 hours straight last night after getting yourself to sleep. And you fight me so hard to stand up when I'm trying to sit you to burp you that I'm worried you're going to take after your father and be walking by 6 months!

You're also (thankfully) getting big in the weight department. As much as I hate giving you formula, I love seeing those numbers on the scale go up. You've gained over two pounds since we started supplementing again, and you're beginning to plump out with chubby arms, thighs, and cheeks. You still have a ways to go, but it's so comforting to see you going in the right direction. And at least you're still getting all the good breast milk you want, and I still get that bonding time with you.

This next month holds more firsts. Your first Thanksgiving. The first time your maternal grandpapa will see you in person since you were 2 days old. And the first time we'll spend a night apart. I'm already dreading being away from you that long, but I know you'll be in good hands.

Keep growing, sweet baby! Your mommy loves you more than she can ever express.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment