Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Mr. Mobility

Seriously, it feels like this was an overnight change, just like with the sitting up independently. He is crawling all over the house, getting into everything. A few minutes ago, I went to put my plate from lunch in the sink, leaving him playing with toys on a quilt in the front room. My back was turned for less than 15 seconds, and when I glanced back in there, he was gone. My heart immediately jumped to my throat (I don't know why. What did I think had happened?), and then I saw him. He had crawled to the coffee table, pulled himself onto the shelf underneath it, and was grinning at me from behind the bars on the side. What a mischief!!!

He currently has a cold, but he doesn't seem to really be feeling the effects, other than not sleeping or eating well. He's as happy as ever, and he LOVES his newest accomplishment: pulling up. He's been able to pull up while on his back for a while, but he's just discovered pulling up to standing from his belly, which means he can now use things other than us to pull himself up. He crawls up to anything in sight and tries to pull up on it, regardless of how tall it is. If I offer him a finger, he immediately grabs it and pulls to standing, at which point he beams with pride. He's even taken to standing up in the bath tub, much to my panic. He still can't stand without holding onto anything for more than a few seconds, so I think we're still a ways off from walking, but I can't tell with this little guy anymore since he seems to figure things out so quickly. He definitely keeps me on my toes!

No comments:

Post a Comment