Monday, June 13, 2011

Nine month appointment

Ethan's still doing great! Unfortunately, we had a surly nurse who I know got at least the weight wrong, so I'm not sure how much to trust the rest of her measurements. Yes, Ethan was wiggly, but he's 9 months old, so don't just say "Good enough." and be done with it. Plus, she actually scoffed when I said I still nurse him five times a day. As a result, I'm going to use the weight from last night since I believe it's more accurate, and just don't put too much stock in the other measurements, either =)

Length - 29.25" (82nd percentile)
Weight - 18 lbs. 15 oz. (25th percentile)
Head Circumference - 45.5 cm. (57th percentile)

You can see why I might think his length measurement was off, too. Ethan has been at the 25th percentile for length since birth, so I don't know why he'd all of a sudden skyrocket up to the 80th. He's definitely grown a lot, but has he really grown that much? I guess we'll see what happens at his 12 month appointment. The other two measurements show a slight decrease in percentile from his 6-month appointment, which I sort of expected. I knew his weight might decrease a bit since he's so mobile (and it had really surged prior to his last appointment, anyway), and now his head circumference is back to being more average. Regardless of all the numbers, he looks completely proportionate, so I think that says enough!

No shots this time, but the doctor reminded us that his next appointment will be the beginning of the finger pricks. Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment