Friday, June 10, 2011

Play Dates

After our first successful play date a couple of weeks ago, we've mostly been hermits, with the exception of church and running errands. However, we've had very fun play dates yesterday and today! A couple of weeks ago, I joined Meet-Up in an effort to meet some other moms and babies in the area. Unfortunately, many of the meet-ups are planned during one of Ethan's many nap times, so we had yet to go to any. Luckily, two cropped up nearby during Ethan's usual awake times.

Yesterday afternoon, we headed a few minutes away to an outdoor play date, complete with a kiddie pool! By the way, smearing sunscreen on a wiggling infant is one of the hardest things I've had to do yet as a mom! Ethan loves his bath, but he wasn't quite sure what to think of the pool, especially since the water was a bit on the chilly side. Regardless, he looked adorable in his new swim trunks!


After a few minutes of tentative splashing, he seemed to be enjoying himself, so I began recording this video:



Yeah, not so much with the kiddie pool! He was happy again once I handed him a rubber ducky, but we didn't last much longer in the pool before returning to the safety of a quilt in the grass with plenty of toys to explore:

(The play date wasn't really populated by zombie moms and babies, but I didn't get their permission to share this photo so I wanted to obscure their faces). After just over an hour of playing, it was time to head home for another nap.

This morning, we headed off for another meet-up, this time right next door! Shortly after I joined this specific group, my neighbor sent me a message through it since she had joined several months earlier. And so the coincidences continue! She was hosting a meet-up for older kids so I hadn't planned on going, but she sent me an email inviting us to come anyway. Ethan had a grand time crawling around beneath the big kids and attempting to put little cars in his mouth, and I enjoyed having more adult conversations. I didn't get any pictures since I was so busy trying to keep him from choking hazards.

I'm very glad I joined this meetup group! It's just so nice to get out of the house and be around other adults, and since LLL is only twice a month, I don't have that many other opportunities. Next week, we're having the neighbor over, and sometime in the next couple of months, we'll be hosting some Meet the Goats! meet-ups. Ethan's going to need his own social calendar before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment