Wednesday, December 14, 2011

First Day of Break

To celebrate my first day of winter break, Ethan and I didn't leave the house today except to go for a walk around the neighborhood. We just enjoyed cuddling up together, playing, crafting, and cooking. After Ethan woke up from his morning nap, I made my first Pinterest craft: A Christmas card wreath. I'm not as happy as I thought I would be with how it turned out, but at least the Christmas cards we receive are now out of the reach of little hands.

Ethan decided he wanted to nurse basically non-stop from about 11:30 to 1:30, so we just did a lot of cuddling and playing between nursing mini-sessions. During his afternoon nap, I fixed myself lunch, cleaned the kitchen and dining room, did some laundry and general tidying, and then just relaxed. I sat down on the couch when I expected him to wake up any minute, and he surprised me by sleeping an extra 45 minutes! Not that I'm complaining about having some down time =)

After nursing and a snack, Ethan played while I fixed this for dinner, along with some brown rice. I also fixed tomorrow night's dinner, since it has to marinate overnight and then can just go in the oven with the leftover brown rice as a side. Which means tomorrow night, all I have left to fix is a veggie.

It was the perfect balance of relaxation and productivity. And I look forward to many more days like it in the coming weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment