Sunday, December 4, 2011

The Grass Is Always Greener...

I remember when Ethan was younger, I longed for him to be just a bit older. Then, I figured, he could entertain himself and wouldn't need such constant attention. Once he's one, surely I'll be able to get more done. HA! Hahahahahahahaha!!!

True, he can entertain himself, but what I didn't realize is that his form of entertainment is finding new ways to try to break his neck or choke on small objects. Whereas at 4 months, I could sit him on a quilt with a toy and work on a paper, now the only way I can get any school work done is if he's asleep or being watched by someone else. Otherwise, every other sentence would be stopped by having to track him down, either because of a loud crash or because he's just too quiet... and, as you other moms know, the latter is by far worse 90% of the time!

I try to console myself by saying surely in a few months or at most a year he'll have developed some sense of right and wrong, safe and unsafe. But in the back of my mind I know that age will only bring more mischief to get into...


On a more positive note, yesterday I capped off my week of productivity by writing one of my final projects, basically start to finish. I'd gotten a slight start on it earlier in the week (like a page), but after Ethan's post-morning-nap nursing, he went off with Daddy to run errands, and I got to work. 5 hours later, stopping only to nurse, eat a quick lunch, and get him down for a nap, I had 30 pages! And after Ethan went to bed last night, I did a final revision before sending it off. It's amazing what you can get done with 6 hours of basically baby-free time! Now I just have one more final project (for my pass/fail class) and a final exam to cram for, and I'm done until January!

No comments:

Post a Comment