Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Resolutions Update

Well, I'd planned on doing my resolutions update on March 1st, but seeing as today I met my next weight loss goal, I figured I'd just go on ahead!

1) Floss every day - Kept

Yup, I've kept up my flossing routine, and I think it's finally become an actual habit. I think the stats say it takes 3 weeks before something becomes habit, but this took much longer. I had to consciously remind myself to do it each night up until just a week or so ago. But now it's finally become just another part of my nightly routine.

2) Meal-plan - Kept, mostly

I'm qualifying this one because there have been a couple of weeks where I didn't plan the second half of the week until Tuesday (waiting to see what meat was on sale) instead of Sunday and there were also a few days I didn't end up sticking with my meal plan (like the day I forgot to put dinner in the crock pot before leaving for class, got out of class late, missed my bus, and didn't get home until 30 minutes after I usually do... that night, we had Chick-Fil-A). For the most part, though, it's worked out pretty well! It motivates me to try new recipes, it ensures I don't cook the same things every week, and, most importantly, it makes sure I'm cooking from scratch every weeknight. This week isn't a great example because my in-laws are coming this weekend, and we may be going to meet them on the coast on Friday, but here is this week's plan:

- Sunday: Ate out (Ethan only napped an hour, and I just didn't have meal prep in me with a fussy baby)
- Monday: Homemade slow-cooker hummus with homemade pita (made on Sunday) - I'm having leftovers for lunch each day
- Tuesday: Roasted pork tenderloin with homemade sage butter, roasted potatoes with herbes de Provence, baby lima beans
- Wednesday: Slow-cooker BBQ chicken sandwiches
- Thursday: Sweet potato gnocchi with maple sage sauce
- Friday: Dinner either on the coast or on the way home
- Saturday: Dinner with in-laws

Every meal is made from scratch, and I'm really enjoying myself! Ethan usually is good about entertaining himself, but today he was being fussy so I strapped him on my back and he just snuggled in and watched over my shoulder.

3) Lose weight - Kept!

As of this morning, I have met my next weight loss goal, 9 days ahead of schedule! This is more notable since I gained 4 lbs. over Christmas so I have lost 11.8 lbs. since the start of the year. However, I have not kept on the Couch-to-5K plan as I had hoped. I did the first four weeks (of eight), then one workout I wasn't feeling well so I skipped it. The next planned workout, I still didn't feel great, so I skipped that one, too. Then the next time it was raining. And by then, an entire week had passed. And once it was no longer a habit, it was harder and harder to motivate myself to start back. So it's been 2.5 weeks since I last ran. I'm not sure if I'm going to try starting back or if I'm going to do a different work-out plan, perhaps one I can do inside so the weather won't be an excuse. I did enjoy the four weeks I completed, though. The last workout was run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 secs, run for 5 minutes, walk for 2.5 minutes, run for 3 minutes, walk for 90 secs, run for 5 minutes. At the start of the program, there is no way I would have been able to do that, but by then I was doing it with relative ease! So the program works, you just have to do it =)

4) Do more fun projects - Kept!

So far so good! In January, I had my crafty week, which I blogged about here. February has been all about doing things with Ethan, mostly focusing on sensory bins but also cooking and projects for the playroom. More will be said about this later once the projects are complete, but it's been enjoyable and relaxing. I'm glad I've made this a priority, and I look forward to coming months!

So there ya go. I've kept all of my resolutions thus far. The next check-in will be May 1st or when I meet my next weight loss goal, whichever comes first.

No comments:

Post a Comment